The UEFL Portal is a companion website to the Umpire Ejection Fantasy League blog at Close Call Sports.
The Portal houses several key Umpire Ejection Fantasy League pages, while the Portal's home page
contains important UEFL information, such as important dates and deadlines and umpiring statistics. The Portal contains the following additional pages:
- Member Roster: A sortable list of UEFL members, which will contain specific draft order information upon the conclusion of the registration period. The Member Roster also contains the draft board, which will fill as the draft progresses.
- Appeals Board: UEFL members recently voted to create an Appeals Board that will routinely rule on issues of challenged Qualities of Correctness. This page contains information for prospective Appeals Board candidates, such as position requirements and deadlines. During the season, the Appeals Board page will contain a sortable linked list detailing each and every action taken and decision rendered by the Board.
- MLB Ejection List: This sortable list displays every ejection that has occurred during the present season: the ejection number, ejecting umpire, ejected person, etc. The ejection number will be linked to the ejection blog post on the CCS website, while the umpire entry will be linked to the appropriate umpire's profile page (see Umpire Roster/Stats).
- Ejections Feed: This page lists recent MLB ejections, as reported by the Umpire Ejection Fantasy League blog at CCS. All entries are linked.
- Umpire Roster / Stats: Every MLB and AAA fill-in umpire is listed on the Umpire Roster/Stats page, along with their previous season's ejection and UEFL points totals and +/- figure (see the page for more details). Clicking on any umpire's name takes you to his UEFL profile: a page that includes ejection history since 2005, detailed information about the umpire's recent ejections, a biography, post-season and special event appearances and recent activity, which links back to the UEFL blog at CCS.
- Historical Data: This page includes summary ejection statistics since the 2005 season and comprehensive ejection information for every official regular or post-season ejection since 2008. Detailed fields include ejected person, position and team, whether the ejected person's team was winning pre-ejection and how that team fared post-ejection (runs scored and allowed), inning of ejection (offense or defense), reason for ejection, play result, umpire classification (calling or secondary) and of course, Quality of Correctness.
- UEFL Rules Book: As approved by the UEFL membership at the conclusion of the 2011 season, the 2012 Official Rules of the Umpire Ejection Fantasy League appear in their entirety.
The Portal is maintained by the Umpire Ejection Fantasy League Commissioners, Gil Imber (Chief) and Jeremy Dircks (Deputy).
Our detailed and comprehensive umpiring statistics and data may be referenced, though we request an attribution and link back to the UEFL Portal
Long before Close Call Sports
came into existence, the Left Field Corner
was launched as a small blog on LiveJournal. From 2007 through March 2011, the Umpire Ejection Fantasy League existed in this location until a move to the more reliable and customizable blogspot address, umpireejections.blogspot.com
and the shortform domain, www.closecallsports.com
Over the years, the UEFL and CCS have evolved from an occasional e-mail that might have read: "5/9/06: Umpire Charlie Reliford (1, NYY
Bernie Williams), Umpire Doug Eddings (1, NYM Julio Franco)" (look it up, it's accurate) to one of the first Left Field Corner blog posts, "Ejections: Rob Drake (1)
." In 2010, the league opened to non-invitees and in 2011, the UEFL welcomed 37 participants, ballooning to 77 in 2012.
The UEFL Portal debuted prior to the 2012 MLB season, serving as an umpire draft prospectus for our members during the pre-season and point of reference throughout the season and year.
Press and Inquiries
Inquiries regarding Close Call Sports
, the Umpire Ejection Fantasy League or the UEFL Portal may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
This website and its proprietary content copyright © 2006-2012.